This month's newsletter will give you some ways to help your system to run better along with a few handy tricks!
1) How to remove pesky extra icons from the Windows taskbar that slow your system startup and how to get rid of the "software registration reminder" that shows up when you start your PC each time- right-click on the START button, select "Open". Browse to Programs, then to the Startup folder. Remove unwanted icons from this folder. (I drag them to a folder I create labeled "Old Startup". That way if I find I needed them, I can put them back. Don't drag IOMEGA Zip icons out, or your Zip drive will quit working.
2) How to easily manage file and folder rights under Novell- use Windows Explorer to browse to the desired file or folder. Right click on it and select "properties". If you are using the Novell client software, you will see a Network Rights tab. You can add/change user's access from there easily! Obviously this only works if you yourself have the rights to change the access settings.
4) Did you update your virus checker this month??? And run scandisk and defrag?
5) Handy site... http://www.zdnet.com
6) Did you enter our contest to win $10,000- see our home page ! Be sure to check out our guest book too!
7) Spring is here... take time to enjoy it !
Outlook Express tips and "how to ???"
1) Make Outlook Express open to your "Inbox". Look at the default startup screen... near the botton, usually off the page. There is a check box that lets you make the Inbox the opening default.
2) How to setup Outlook Express mail accounts... Click Here
3) Outlook Express "deleted" folder acts like a Recycle Bin- be sure to empty it occassionally.
4) If you want to "send and receive" on
a certain account, go to Tools-Accounts-Mail and highlight the account
you want Outlook Express to use as the default, then click on "Use as Default".
To select which accounts are always used, double-click on the account to
bring up its' properties, then check/uncheck "Include this account when
doing a full send and receive". To check mail on an account not normally
enabled, just go to "Tools-Send and Receive" and scroll to the account
you wish to check.
Our processor fan deal is still on... D & M Electronics, Inc. will sell you a replacement ball bearing (the best one, NOT sleeve bearings) Pentium Processor fan. (for a typical Pentium chip) for only $4.95 if you mention this newsletter. This is a $10.00 savings over Radio Shack's $14.95. This offer is good as long as supplies last and does not include installation. (We have several dozen in stock.)
That's it for this month... if you have a topic your would like me to discuss, just email me! Last month I gave you a puzzler- In the address spot in your browser, if you typed in type the number 3631583778, you found our home page. The Internet uses a database to convert the "electronicexperts.com" name to an IP address in a manner similar to the way a phone books links your name to a phone number. Our IP address- 18.104.22.168 can be converted to a decimal number and it will still have the same Internet location, namely http://www.electronicexperts.com !
Until next time... Happy Computing !
To get more information or to FAX us: call 1-315-583-5513 or send e-mail
to us at email@example.com.